This week has been spent mostly on DH during the day but at night it has been spent hand quilting Laure’s quilt roughly 20 hrs this week. But it will be ready for this winter now and another WIP finished this year YAHHHHHH
Then you discover you have made a very bad calculation mistake along the way on your completed blocks or project like I did the other night!!!!! When I was trying out some squares around my DH blocks they would not fit they were to long, finally I realised it was not thesqaures that were wrong my block was to small!!!! Horrors I had two blocks cut at 17 3/4 inches instead all at 18 3/4s as I had planned.. I had cut out two black sqaures at the beginning of DH and started my first blocks, came to my 3rd block cut out two more black sqaures, my cutting table is always set up and is in the same place aways , I know my cutting mat back to front and I start my low numbers to my right all ways well a week before I cut out my next two blocks my cutting table had to be moved one day and every thing was moved but put back as it was by my hubby, what I did not think to check was my mat lying the right way!!!!! No it was not but with out checking I just cut were I knew my 18 1/2 bit line was again with out really looking and counting each of those wee sqaures and I have ended up with two under size completed blocks!!!!! My cutting mat is now the right way again!!!!!
One thing I have learnt in the art world often a mistake can be come a focal point or improve a design if you let it’ Ive yet to find a mistake that you can not fix or even improve on, just don’t panic to much and think about what can I do to make this work, don’t try covering it up, make it more obvious or think about what you can do to make it look like it was meant to be like that!!!!! I have covered up many blood stains on my quilts by embrodering bee’s on them or bullion roses.
My DH blocks 2 the right size and 2 TO small, If I sew a 3/4 inch piece on around those smaller two pieces its going to be so fiddly to work on with those extra seams right on the edge, what if I cut them all back as far as possible and add new strips to them all this will make them all look the same, what if I go radical and add a different coloured fabric like a border???? may be yellow or aqua????? No thats a little to much with the bordes that follow, Finally I came up with this idea.
Start of my 4th DH block on Saturday avo and finsihed cutting all the pieces out around 9pm.
I pulled these out to may be do one or two blocks!!!!! I think they may be from around 1930 Tulip Basket. I bought them online 10 years ago from Kansaa. A couple of pieces of the applqiue pieces are missing, there are 23 blocks and around 30 basket pieces. Mos tof the embrodery has been done except for 4 blocks and these have the applqiue applqiued down in running stich in 4 threads of DMC I only paid a few dollars for them postage cost a few dollars too. I just did not want them chucked out in to the rubbish so bought them.