Will be just a short blog as my computer is been backed up and is on snail download!!!!! I only blog to keep in touch with friends and join in to Esther’s WOW or WIP’s each week
I saved this from the rubbish bin a few years ago it is a HUGE throw and so I decided to make it in to 2 large throws before repairing the damaged crotched square which there are many.
I unpicked this week. Now there are two big throws !!!!!
I finished appliquéing this flower down and embroidering inside it during the week but it looked odd to me with out any base leaves !
SO I found some leaves added so iron on fussing to the back of them.
Much better it looks like a happy flower now.
Finally completed block 1 of TheSecret Garden this week!!!
Close up of completed flower and leaves block 1 of SG.
Close up of blue flower from SG block 1.
I added the last machine appliqué 2 a block for Diamond Hill last night 2 down and 2 to go!!!!
I rescued these blocks from the rubbish in 2015 as I loved the colours. I unpicked 50% of them and resewed them adding the dark final panel and a extra pink to make the blocks all the same size as all the blocks were different sizes. These are all made quilt as you go blocks, I made up the centre two panel but I made a mistake and must have lost interest LOL On the weekend I unpicked my mistake and sewed theses wee blocks all together in to 4 panels. Two panels I’ve joined and the other two are ready to sew together then I just have the centre seam to do. I will make up a pink and black wide border abstract may be!!!! But not today LOL There were 2 more blocks but impossible to fix to fit with these blocks as they had been cut 1/4inch shorter on all the strips .
In the garden today
Indi and I planted these cutting around a month ago and they are now flowering!!!!!
A little old fashion flower till the wild turkey rips it out!!!!
Just saw this termites nest they grow so quickly will have to get rid of this quickly now.
Wee new foot stool I’ve just rescued and restored.
On Monday it was cleaning the front Patio of the mould from the last wet it was very bad this year. We need to clean the paves like this every year.
When I got this far I ran out of steam so will have to do the rest of the paves another day , this was another day I did no sewing LOL
Off to link with Esther over on her WOW or WIP’s today .
Thank you for dropping in to see what Ive been up to this week.